Sunday, January 11, 2009

Simply as it is


I have been back to Tallinn already for almost a week and have a feeling that I haven’t been leaving home for holidays for New Year, as already from the 1st day of working have been busy with new initiatives, tasks to compile here in AIESEC in order to make the organization and people here grow. I have 6 more months to be here to make all the plans transformed to results…


Some things have been changed, some of them are still the same and in order to be changed it will take longer time for it. But the most pleasant thing or in some cases not, I have recognized there, is the change in certain people. How you see that 7 months ago, when I was leaving the country, they have been different than they are right now. Of course, their current environment, roles, new responsibilities, more knowledge made them a bit different - more mature, maybe more skeptical, more experienced, more inner closed, even less-communicative and so on – you may imagine any kind of human changes you can… I’m telling about my non- and aiesec friends, some cousins, relatives as well.


It’s quite pleasant to recognize the personal growth in a person, how he became more mature than he was some time ago… How he thinks differently than before, as have been experienced and passed through many situations, that challenged him… fulfilled responsibilities, which were scaring him before from the beginning, but for now made the best out of it… It’s always pleasant not only to see, but maybe also somehow be involved in the person’s realization of his potential… But at the same time, he doesn’t want still to accept the current reality and he things that he has a long way to go… Yes, it’s good to be ambitious.


I have been always telling that, I’ve grown up together with aiesec and I see that in other people right now too.


To some people this period of time didn’t teach anything, at least from 1st and even 2d look, and they are still the same ones, who are not having a feeling of “shortage of time”, that they have to be running to finally start achieving something in their lives, grabbing new opportunities, which are about in a hand long distance from them... Accepting the reality and just drifting… Yes. We are different.


I have been talking to my friend, who told me that I have been personally changed as well, not in some good or bad way, just changed. Here are some things which I decided to write down here:

  • I became more mature in sense of how my life perspectives and some views have been changed. From here seems, that I started to be quite skeptical on what’s happening around. Making the things sometimes to be put under the question;
  • I became more calmer, in the sense of less emotional, I think;
  • I have lost a bit the shines in my eyes and “fire inside of me” (translating from word-to-word)


And I would more than agree with what my friend has noticed in me, but at the same time I didn’t loose some of my natural characteristics about what I was writing in some blog posts here.


About the last point which was noticed I’d more than agree - I didn’t have quite for a long time a feeling of doing something that will make my eyes shine and having an inner warm feeling of “burning heart”! No, I’m not telling of being in love with some one, even this one is another topic too :D I’m telling more of adding some new thing in my life, like new project, personal activity etc.


One of my current team mates has developed a project called Passionalism, which is a concept for people, who are supporting the idea of doing, working with or for smth, that’s aligned with their individual passion, but not “forced” by various reasons – they are living by the activities of their individual passion, which boosts innovation, creativity, changes…


“Passionalism can be defined as social and economic concept used to identify a society based on passion. It opposes industrial and post-industrial societies - while those concepts are based on manufacturing and services, passionalism focuses on individual’s passion. Therefore your daily activity right now called “a job”, which means working for somebody, changes to working for your passion.”


From the Passionalism web-page you can even download Passion 2009 book, which has collected the ideas of people from the basic question – What makes my eyes shine? I really suggest you to have it and contribute too.


This Passionalism concept made me think a lot about myself and things that makes my eyes shine and I decided to deal with that, knowing the basic things on what I really like, with whom I love to work, what makes me feel ‘butterflies’ in me and can connect with my future ideas, which are from year to year are inside of my mind… I have shared them with only my close friends.


I will start with that this week and then tell you, on what has happened…


It’s simple as it is. Do what makes your eyes shine…