Monday, August 17, 2009

Trip back home to KZ


This posting I prepared for several weeks already, but somehow couldn’t manage to post it… Here is finally :D

***

I haven’t been posting anything for a month here, so here I am writing you about the changes happened in my life for the past 3 weeks since I left Estonia.

My very last days in Tallinn were just great and full of last Bye-bye meetings and parties with many nice words from people whom I’ve been working with for a year and just spending nice time together. Honestly to say, I wasn’t willing much to go home not knowing what’s waiting for me there and what are the next steps will I take coming back home.

It has been a great year which mostly contributed to my personal development and impacting on what I’m interested in, getting to know my inner self more and proving again that I’m the person who is always thirsty for success and whatever it takes – I will reach it. This year AIESEC Estonia has grown up in exchange realizations for 95-100% which is the biggest result for the past 3 years and 2 terms and I believe that with our team we have created a great platform for next year’s development and I’m really proud of it. Many people also told me that I’ve been the most successful international MC member – I don’t know whether it’s true, but I can see by the end of the year how much respect, appreciation and even sincere friendship and love people were showing to me and that’s even valuable in Estonian culture, as people aren’t naturally warm by characters and reserved, that’s why it always takes time to gain the positivity and respect. I can say many appreciation words and praise for the year’s results, but for sure, they aren’t “empty” ones – there is a huuuge work behind, believe of all our team.

And of course, I can’t forget our international Ei-ole-manana group whom I was spending mostly my free time and who in certain moments were the ones, saving me from stresses, loneliness and bad moods. And of course, the best ever parties were there!!!

I will be missing the people there for sure and maybe even the life-style I had over the year… So many people came to my Bye party in the last evening and seeing me off to the train Tallinn-Moscow. Wow… I was shocked.








I’ve spent couple of days in Moscow on the way to Kazakhstan with Nailusha – my best friend whom I am all the time missing and who is the person I’m ready to go to any corner of the world. Vova, also thanks for treating me so well! :D And yes, I owed you the chocolate, I know!


Yes, I’m back home already since 6 July when I reached Astana city where my parents live. Some of you know that I made a surprise for them as I was expected to arrive some days later and by plane, but I took an exciting trip by train from Moscow – 2 full days and 3 nights. I believe these things you can do only when you are still young or already getting old J Something to remember always…

It has been funny how my parents in the first days for sure were taking care of me but then the questions about the next plans – “enough, be at home”, personal life – even marriage, started. OMG! After 3 days I wanted already to leave… And I left.

I thought that I will have some re-integration issues and even the reverse cultural shocks (as always I was preparing our Estonian interns for that after they came back from exchange), but nope… Nothing until now and I don’t know if it’s gonna happen at all. I think it happened because after Astana I attended the Kazakh wedding of my best friend in one eastern city, where all the best and positive cultural sides of our people were shown. I have also got to know “out-of-AIESEC” people, whom I was explaining in “another” language what I was doing in Estonia and what are my plans. I didn’t know what to say, as I didn’t really know what will I do after coming back to my city… Great nature around – a lot of mountains and lakes, warm culture, familiar language, positive emotions…









I’m back in Almaty and until now all the evenings are booked with meeting my friends – some of them live and work in Almaty, some – just came here for holidays and already left. Very nice. Basically doing nothing and just resting.

I’ve also went to mountains trip with AIESEC Almaty members and again I felt in love how my city’s nature is beautiful and charming! We almost reached the 3000 m top!











Yes and in the end – my ESTONIA memories that integrated to my daily life at home…