Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back on track with the mood

I have yesterday arrived to Rotterdam for AIESEC exchange strategic meeting – Exchange Growth Summit, which is happening every year and mostly the members of AIESEC International global teams are coming here, so all together around 25 people. Some of you know, that I’m part of exchange quality board which states as a guard for delivering quality exchange experiences for your interns and I’m the team leader of the auditing team there. This meeting aims to review the current performance of our organization in terms of achieving the exchange goals we have by 2010 and setting up certain initiatives, strategies towards achieving them and some other things, like reviewing the policies, projects etc.

I came here right after being the facilitator of our regional Baltic conference in Riga, Latvia called ENERGY, where my dear friends from Almaty have been facilitating as well. That was really an amazing time to be spent together after almost half a year of not meeting each other, but communicating online – was cool just to chat, remember the past moments, laugh on the silly jokes, get to know how my friends are doing currently etc.. There I have understood so much, that I’m missing a lot our people’s attitude we have in my country (at least among my friends) being quite positive, energetic, open-minded as I feel that these unique cultural characteristics I started to loose, as I’m started to be very much stressed out of everything I do and very much self-critical to myself, even if there is no reason for that. One of my friends told me even, that I have changed a lot and started to miss my positive approach to the life, being nervous often and in “grey” mood all the time and less smiling. Don’t know, I think I have started to absorb some strange cultural features living in Estonia, and does it mean loosing the personality, I don’t know… I have noticed in myself too, that I have been not enjoying all the things I’m doing now and just doing the stuff and activities automatically and sometimes I’m feeling so much bored, that even don’t care about the result to be achieved. I’m sorry, to be so much negative, but that’s the way it is now… Or I’m just simply tired of the feeling of doing the same things I have already experienced before. And that blocks my entrepreneurship and innovative approach I have been always having. Gosh…

The conference was itself fine, but could be much better delivered still for sure in terms of skills building knowledge, practical tips, motivation for members who are on the leadership positions right now in the organization. And that frustrates me as well, that we didn’t deliver the valuable knowledge, inspiration for that people… But maybe again I’m too critical, as for now I’ve heard that the conference experience was quite positive for them… I don’t know the truth, if it exists at all. The conference topic itself was LEADERSHIP and creating the message, that it is about the attitude itself and leadership potential exists in everyone of us, you just have to develop it by every day hard work. I had to deliver the session, which supposed to be inspirational one for the members and has a role being an opening for the whole leadership track, but don’t know how did I go along with that. I would better deliver smth more on skills, but smth inspirational always takes time from me and energy… But that’s the personal challenge and maybe next time I will put me in developing only inspirational sessions in order to develop that part. Crazy…

Defining Leadership For You

View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: leadership)

Till the end of this working week I’m in Netherlands and feeling somehow fine, working on completely different thing I used to for the past months and enjoying that a lot and people – AIESEC friends around me. There is a special season in AIESEC started when many countries release their MC opportunities and everybody asks you – what’s NEXT? For example, right now there are 3 people sitting next to me writing their applications for running for Presidents of AIESEC countries… and just got to know that one of the incredible persons is (thinking of) applying for AIESEC Kazakhstan president position. Amazing how aiesecers are crazy… Well, I have already decided 100% to stop working for AIESEC after my term in Estonia and looking for some stability for a certain period of my life and searching for professional experience. There are moments when you feel that’s time to stop with AIESEC… And here it is coming for me as well.

I have bought tickets back home to spend 2 weeks with my family and friends...

I'm going to Georgia for Central Asia and Caucasus conference in the end of april...

In AIESEC Estonia we release soon the applications for our MC positions... 

It was snowing a lot in Riga and as I've heared in Tallinn too...

I'm missing YOU a lot, even you don't talk to me anymore...